Submit a proposal
ORSO must review proposals developed for external agencies
Any research or scholarly project proposal with outside funding must be processed through the Office of Research Support and Operations (ORSO). Principal investigators and appropriate administrators must also review and approve proposals. ORSO staff will submit your proposal to the funding agency or, if needed, return it to you for revisions.
How to submit a proposal to ORSO
- Send your proposal to ORSO using the eREX proposal submission form
- Click here to see a list of department contacts and other approvers on the eREX Form: Electronic department contact list
- eREX Narrative Hold Program information: April 2017 Narrative Hold Primer
What you need to include
- Completed copy of the proposal/application
- WSU certified budget
- If shipping via courier, include a Request for Shipment of Merchandise form and the required number of proposals to be shipped. Deliver these materials to ORSO near the time of your eREX submission.
Route and obtain approvals on eREX forms at least 2 days prior to the sponsor’s proposal submission deadline.
If ORSO receives an approved eREX form more than 2 days prior to the deadline:
It will provide a detailed review of the proposal and submit it on behalf of WSU.
If a proposal is not approved, or is approved 2 days or less before the proposal deadline:
ORSO cannot guarantee any of the following:
- detailed review
- on‐time submission to the sponsor
- acceptance by the sponsor of the proposal
Please read proposal instructions from the sponsor very carefully.