WSU/WSUF Private Grant Sponsors
The Washington State University Foundation (WSUF) is the primary contact for the sponsors listed below.
Please contact Office of Foundation Relations, Karin Neuenschwander
- ARCS Foundation, Inc.
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Grand Challenge proposals are submitted from WSU others managed by WSU Foundation
- Bullitt Foundation
- Empire Health Foundation
- Group Health Foundation
- Hearst Foundations
- Innovia (formerly Inland NW Community Foundation)
- Lewis-Clark Valley Healthcare Foundation
- M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust
- Norcliffe Foundation
- Paul G. Allen Family Foundation
- Paul Lauzier Charitable Foundation
- Raikes Foundation
- Sunderland Foundation
- W M Keck Foundation
- Washington Research Foundation
Please contact Office of Corporate Relations, Dana Ulrich
- Alaska Airlines
- Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
Proposal Submission by WSUF, as a Non-Profit, Required
When private funders require grant proposals be submitted by a 501(c)(3) type organization, proposals can be submitted by WSUF, on behalf of WSU, to meet this eligibility criteria. Please contact the Office of Foundation Relations for guidance CFR@wsu.edu.
If the grant proposal names WSUF as the submitting organization, the PI must work with Foundation or Corporate Relations and the PI’s grant administrator to submit the proposal through ORSO for WSU approval, with WSUF noted as the sponsor on the eREX form.
Foundation Relations and Corporate Relations are available to help on any proposal or gift request to privately-funded organizations. If notified early, the Corporate/Foundation Relations can provide valuable assistance: funder background research, relationship building and proposal creation and submission. The office seeks to share relationships and lessons learned across the colleges and campuses to increase WSU’s success in obtaining private funding.
The following is a current list of non-federal sponsors that REQUIRE proposals be submitted by WSUF:
- American Honda Foundation
- Compton Foundation, Inc.
- Hands On Network-Atlanta, GA
- Honor the Earth Foundation
- Inland Northwest Community Foundation
Note: Proposals require submission through a secure website. Contact Karin Neuenschwander (509-335-6686) to coordinate.
- Icicle Fund, Inc.
- Louis R. Cappelli Foundation
- McCormick Foundation
- National Organization for Hearing Research Foundation
- Norcliffe Foundation
- Procter & Gamble
- Principal Group Financial Foundation
- Pullman Community Foundation
- Quinault Indian Reservation
- Retirement Research Foundation
- Scott Charitable Trust
- Searle Foundation
- Seattle Foundation
- Selinger-Shone Foundation
- Seventh Generation Foundation
- Spokane Human Services (Ronald McDonald House)
- Sundquist Foundation
- Surdna Foundation
- Verizon Foundation
- Washington Womens Foundation
- Wells Fargo
- Yakima Valley Community Foundation